Well, I have committed a big WHOOPS. Justin is aware of my penchant to locate verification for info in guest submissions for the blog. Ergo a few hours after he sent me his very awesome and informative post “Stop the Refugee Resettlement Program,” Justin sent me a rough outline of his notes for the essay submitted. I did not get to that email until today hence committing a grave injustice to Justin Smith. So yes I did my typical thing adding a few clarification links. Below is that outline that better associates the thoughts of Justin than I did in my info links. If I guessed correctly with my info links trust me it was purely coincidental. I should be brash and something like, ‘Great minds think alike.’ BUT trust me, Justin is the thinker here.
Smith Research to ‘Stop the Refugee Resettlement Program’
By Justin O. Smith
Sent: 11/9/2014 7:43 PM
1. Paragraph one should be fairly well in the realm of common knowledge, but Ms. Michele Malkin's piece from Sept 19, 2014 gives my assertion further credence: 'Letting in the Wrong Refugees'
2. Paragraph two [Pertaining to Wyoming]:
'Is only U.S. state not importing refugees getting ready to cave?' by Leo Hohmann October 5, 2014
3. Paragraph three: Ms. Ann Corcoran's Refugee Resettlement Watch provides a link that goes directly to the pdf on the 'U.S. Refugee Resettlement Office 2011 report to Congress'
Also one may view Ms. Corcoran’s ‘A Tennessean responds to open borders agitators' July 19, 2014 for the "1991" reimbursement elimination and many other pertinent facts:
4. Paragraph four: statistics from 'Don Barnett: Time to bring refugee program out of the shadows' by Don Barnett March 23, 2014
5. Paragraph five: Holly Johnson quote 'Somali Muslims change small town' by Erik Stakelbeck May 19, 2009
And the 66% statistic is from my great friend, author and investigator, Cathy Hinners who runs the following website (She also attended the October 26th meeting in Murfreesboro, TN):
6. Paragraph six:
“It raises the issue whether the state or Congress should pay the costs of the federal program.”
I met personally with Mrs. Joanne Bregman [In the original post I somehow misspelled her name as “Bergman”] on October 26, 2014 at the Victory Life Church in Murfreesboro, TN and she once more made this observation, just as she had last year. We also spoke in depth regarding this situation and as it pertained to Don Barnett, who is a mutual friend and Brentwood, TN native, and his upcoming appearance in Cheyenne, Wyoming, which took place on November 2nd near the Capitol steps.
7. Paragraph seven: Mrs. Bregman gave these same stats during her presentation, but here is a link for readers:
‘Tennessee concerned citizen to speak on Refugees/States rights in Union City Tuesday' by Ann Corcoran October 11, 2014 [Actual article LINK]
8. Paragraph nine: stats from 'Is the Refugee Racket Helping Pay For The Catholic Church's Child Abuse Settlements?' by Thomas Allen November 28, 2012:
9. Paragraph ten: This is a condensation of the facts from the GAO report pdf itself dealing with pages 11 through 15 of the 63 page document:
10. Paragraph eleven: states from 'Is U.S. state not importing refugees getting ready to cave?' by Leo Hohmann Oct 5, 2014:
The statistic regarding four thousand Syrian refugees applying to come to the U.S. in 2015 is from The Washington Post: 'U.S. to greatly expand resettlement for Syrian refugees' by Ann Gearan September 30, 2014:
11. Paragraph twelve: information from The Tennessee Council 4 Political Justice - 'Newsletter #144 – Who’s Working in Tennessee? (Part 2 of 2)'
12. Paragraph thirteen: Information regarding the one-hundred Somali women from 'Wyoming Considers Steps to Assist Its New Refugees' by Dan Frosch September 21, 2014:
13. Paragraph fourteen: Information regarding Amarillo and Senator Seliger's question from 'Another U.S. city protesting influx of U.N. refugees' by Leo Hohmann Oct 21, 2014:
14. Paragraph fifteen: Information on NICE and Will Alexander, Senator Lamar Alexander's son from:
15. Paragraph sixteen and seventeen: Information regarding Mayor Nancy Denson and the situation in Athens, GA and Democrat Mayor Domenic Sarno's quote in Springfield, Massachusetts from 'Another U.S. city protesting influx of U.N. refugees' by Leo Hohmann Oct 21, 2014:
16. Paragraph eighteen: A direct quote from Joanne Bregman at the ACT for America meeting on Oct 26, 2014 in Murfreesboro, TN from her speech/my notes.
17. Paragraph twenty: In 2013 Tennessee Representative Rick Womick and Senator Bill Ketron proposed TN HB1326/SB 1325 requiring reimbursement from these private refugee resettlement programs if they received federal money. I have personal knowledge of this because it was a major point of contention in the State Legislature and I am a personal friend of both Senator Bill Ketron (since our days at Middle Tennessee State University) and Representative Rick Womick (who I have attended numerous political events with). But here is a link:
Edited by John R. Houk
Any content enclosed by brackets are by the Editor
© Justin O. Smith