Overblog Follow this blog
Edit post Administration Create my blog
January 15 2014 4 15 /01 /January /2014 14:19

http://oneway2day.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/cia-references-benghazi-to-al-qaeda.jpg

 

Unclassified documents of recent House investigations of Benghazigate clearly paints a different picture than the Obama Administration PR and also throws mud in the face of a NY Times investigation that vainly attempted to validate the Obama Administration. Obama at the top and a handful of high placed officials on the Military and government were fully aware that the Benghazi attack was an orchestrated Islamic terrorist attack rather than a spontaneous riot due to a sophomoric anti-Mohammed/anti-Islam film.

 

Fox News has an excellent summary of the revelations in the Benghazi Testimony documents exposing Obama, Hillary and the Administration as a bunch of liars to the people of the United States of America. After I cross post the Fox News Story the website Stand Up America has PDF links to some of those documents which still has some redaction involved.

 

JRH 1/15/14 (Hat Tip: Infidels United)

*********************************

The Benghazi Transcripts: Top Defense officials briefed Obama on ‘attack,’ not video or protest

 

By James Rosen

January 14, 2014

Fox News

 

Minutes after the American consulate in Benghazi came under assault on Sept. 11, 2012, the nation's top civilian and uniformed defense officials -- headed for a previously scheduled Oval Office session with President Obama -- were informed that the event was a "terrorist attack," declassified documents show. The new evidence raises the question of why the top military men, one of whom was a member of the president's Cabinet, allowed him and other senior Obama administration officials to press a false narrative of the Benghazi attacks for two weeks afterward.

 

Gen. Carter Ham, who at the time was head of AFRICOM, the Defense Department combatant command with jurisdiction over Libya, told the House in classified testimony last year that it was him who broke the news about the unfolding situation in Benghazi to then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Gen. Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The tense briefing -- in which it was already known that U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens had been targeted and had gone missing -- occurred just before the two senior officials departed the Pentagon for their session with the commander in chief.

 

According to declassified testimony obtained by Fox News, Ham -- who was working out of his Pentagon office on the afternoon of Sept. 11 -- said he learned about the assault on the consulate compound within 15 minutes of its commencement, at 9:42 p.m. Libya time, through a call he received from the AFRICOM Command Center.

 

"My first call was to General Dempsey, General Dempsey's office, to say, 'Hey, I am headed down the hall. I need to see him right away,'" Ham told lawmakers on the House Armed Services Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigation on June 26 of last year. "I told him what I knew. We immediately walked upstairs to meet with Secretary Panetta."

 

Ham's account of that fateful day was included in some 450 pages of testimony given by senior Pentagon officials in classified, closed-door hearings conducted last year by the Armed Services subcommittee. The testimony, given under "Top Secret" clearance and only declassified this month, presents a rare glimpse into how information during a crisis travels at the top echelons of America's national security apparatus, all the way up to the president. 

 

Also among those whose secret testimony was declassified was Dempsey, the first person Ham briefed about Benghazi. Ham told lawmakers he considered it a fortuitous "happenstance" that he was able to rope Dempsey and Panetta into one meeting, so that, as Ham put it, "they had the basic information as they headed across for the meeting at the White House." Ham also told lawmakers he met with Panetta and Dempsey when they returned from their 30-minute session with President Obama on Sept. 11.

 

Armed Services Chairman Howard "Buck" McKeon, R-Calif., sitting in on the subcommittee's hearing with Ham last June, reserved for himself an especially sensitive line of questioning: namely, whether senior Obama administration officials, in the very earliest stages of their knowledge of Benghazi, had any reason to believe that the assault grew spontaneously out of a demonstration over an anti-Islam video produced in America.

 

Numerous aides to the president and then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton repeatedly told the public in the weeks following the murder of Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans that night -- as Obama's hotly contested bid for re-election was entering its final stretch -- that there was no evidence the killings were the result of a premeditated terrorist attack, but rather were the result of a protest gone awry. Subsequent disclosures exposed the falsity of that narrative, and the Obama administration ultimately acknowledged that its early statements on Benghazi were untrue. 

 

"In your discussions with General Dempsey and Secretary Panetta," McKeon asked, "was there any mention of a demonstration or was all discussion about an attack?" Ham initially testified that there was some "peripheral" discussion of this subject, but added "at that initial meeting, we knew that a U.S. facility had been attacked and was under attack, and we knew at that point that we had two individuals, Ambassador Stevens and Mr. [Sean] Smith, unaccounted for."

 

Rep. Brad Wenstrup, R-Ohio, a first-term lawmaker with experience as an Iraq war veteran and Army reserve officer, pressed Ham further on the point, prodding the 29-year Army veteran to admit that "the nature of the conversation" he had with Panetta and Dempsey was that "this was a terrorist attack." 

 

The transcript reads as follows: 

 

WENSTRUP: "As a military person, I am concerned that someone in the military would be advising that this was a demonstration. I would hope that our military leadership would be advising that this was a terrorist attack." 

 

HAM: "Again, sir, I think, you know, there was some preliminary discussion about, you know, maybe there was a demonstration. But I think at the command, I personally and I think the command very quickly got to the point that this was not a demonstration, this was a terrorist attack."

 

WENSTRUP: "And you would have advised as such if asked. Would that be correct?"

 

HAM: "Well, and with General Dempsey and Secretary Panetta, that is the nature of the conversation we had, yes, sir."

 

Panetta told the Senate Armed Services Committee in February of last year that it was him who informed the president that "there was an apparent attack going on in Benghazi." "Secretary Panetta, do you believe that unequivocally at that time we knew that this was a terrorist attack?" asked Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla. "There was no question in my mind that this was a terrorist attack," Panetta replied.

 

Senior State Department officials who were in direct, real-time contact with the Americans under assault in Benghazi have also made clear they, too, knew immediately -- from surveillance video and eyewitness accounts -- that the incident was a terrorist attack. After providing the first substantive "tick-tock" of the events in Benghazi, during a background briefing conducted on the evening of Oct. 9, 2012, a reporter asked two top aides to then-Secretary Clinton: "What in all of these events that you've described led officials to believe for the first several days that this was prompted by protests against the video?

"That is a question that you would have to ask others," replied one of the senior officials. "That was not our conclusion."

 

Ham's declassified testimony further underscores that Obama's earliest briefing on Benghazi was solely to the effect that the incident was a terrorist attack, and raises once again the question of how the narrative about the offensive video, and a demonstration that never occurred, took root within the White House as the explanation for Benghazi.

 

The day after the attacks, which marked the first killing of an American ambassador in the line of duty since 1979, Obama strode to the Rose Garden to comment on the loss, taking pains in his statement to say: "We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others." As late as Sept. 24, during an appearance on the talk show "The View," when asked directly by co-host Joy Behar if Benghazi had been "an act of terrorism," the president hedged, saying: "Well, we're still doing an investigation."

 

The declassified transcripts show that beyond Ham, Panetta and Dempsey, other key officers and channels throughout the Pentagon and its combatant commands were similarly quick to label the incident a terrorist attack. In a classified session on July 31 of last year, Westrup raised the question with Marine Corps Col. George Bristol, commander of AFRICOM's Joint Special Operations Task Force for the Trans Sahara region. 

 

Bristol, who was traveling in Dakar, Senegal when the attack occurred, said he received a call from the Joint Operations Center alerting him to "a considerable event unfolding in Libya." Bristol's next call was to Lt. Col. S.E. Gibson, an Army commander stationed in Tripoli. Gibson informed Bristol that Stevens was missing, and that "there was a fight going on" at the consulate compound.

 

WESTRUP: "So no one from the military was ever advising, that you are aware of, that this was a demonstration gone out of control, it was always considered an attack -"

 

BRISTOL: "Yes, sir."

 

WENSTRUP: "-- on the United States?" 

 

BRISTOL: "Yes, sir. ... We referred to it as the attack."

 

Staffers on the Armed Services subcommittee conducted nine classified sessions on the Benghazi attacks, and are close to issuing what they call an "interim" report on the affair. Fox News reported in October their preliminary conclusion that U.S. forces on the night of the Benghazi attacks were postured in such a way as to make military rescue or intervention impossible -- a finding that buttresses the claims of Dempsey and other senior Pentagon officials.

 

While their investigation continues, staffers say they still want to question Panetta directly. But the former defense secretary, now retired, has resisted such calls for additional testimony.

 

"He is in the president's Cabinet," said Rep. Martha Roby R-Ala., chair of the panel that collected the testimony, of Panetta. "The American people deserve the truth. They deserve to know what's going on, and I honestly think that that's why you have seen -- beyond the tragedy that there was a loss of four Americans' lives -- is that the American people feel misled."

 

"Leon Panetta should have spoken up," agreed Kim R. Holmes, a former assistant secretary of state under President George W. Bush and now a distinguished fellow at the Heritage Foundation. "The people at the Pentagon and frankly, the people at the CIA stood back while all of this was unfolding and allowed this narrative to go on longer than they should have."

 

Neither Panetta's office nor the White House responded to Fox News' requests for comment.

 

James Rosen joined Fox News Channel (FNC) in 1999. He currently serves as the chief Washington correspondent and hosts the online show "The Foxhole."

_______________________________

Top Secret Transcripts Revealed on Benghazi

 

Posted by SUAadmin

January 13, 2014

Stand Up America

 

Editor’s Note – We have been hearing that much is due to be released on Benghazi that to date has been hidden, lied about, or just plain stonewalled. Below is the official release from the Armed Services Committee, through its Chairmen, Buck McKeon (R-CA 25).

 

It is clearly time for all the facts to come out and for those who have broken the law, or tried to obstruct the committee’s investigation to be held fully accountable.

 

These recently de-classified documents relating to Benghazi, with some redaction, demonstrates an enduring power struggle between the Dept. of Defense and the State Department when it came to protection of U.S. sovereign territory in foreign countries.  Due to the tacit and a non-agreed to agenda of the State Department, Hillary Clinton apparently prevailed at will.

 

Mrs. Clinton mobilized friends for the creation of an Accountability Review Board that performed a shallow and political investigation into the attack on the two U.S. compounds in Benghazi resulting in the death of 4 Americans, but what is most revealing is that the final decision to send military aid to Benghazi rested with Barack Obama.

 

In the end, Hillary Clinton kept her global reputation and Barack Obama never made a rescue call, telling us that politics were more important than saving the lives of the four and endangering up to as many as 40 others in Benghazi. They were left in abject peril for political reasons. Sadly, the lies of Benghazi are now proven.

 

Declassified Transcripts of Benghazi Briefings Released

 

Armed Services Committee Examined Actions Of Military Chain Of Command Before, During, and After Attack

 

WASHINGTON— The House Armed Services Committee today released a series of recently declassified transcripts of briefings on the September 11th 2012 attack on Americans in Benghazi, Libya. The briefings were conducted by the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations then chaired by Rep. Martha Roby (R-AL), though they were open to all members of the Committee and attended by Members off the Committee.

 

The briefings, which took place over the course of several months, were part of the Committee’s examination of the actions of the military chain of command before, during, and after the attack. A report summarizing the conclusion of the HASC Oversight & Investigations majority Members draw from these briefings is expected to be released later this week.

 

Read the transcripts linked below:

 

Transcript #11_Briefing transcript (redacted), “DOD’s preparation for the terrorist attacks in Benghazi,” (Part I, Session I, DOD), May 21, 2013.pdf (3.7 MBs)

 

Transcript #22_Briefing transcript (redacted), “DOD’s preparation for the terrorist attacks in Benghazi,” (Part I, Session II DOD), May 21, 2013.pdf (642.4 KBs)

 

Transcript #33_Briefing transcript (redacted), “DOD’s preparation for the terrorist attacks in Benghazi,” (Part II, AFRICOM), June 26, 2013.pdf (9.2 MBs)

 

Transcript #44_Briefing transcript (redacted), “DOD’s preparation for the terrorist attacks in Benghazi,” (Part III, Colonel Bristol), July 31, 2013.pdf (10.8 MBs)

 

Transcript #55_Hearing transcript, “DOD’s posture for September 11, 2013,” (Part IV, Force Posture), September 19, 2013.pdf (691.9 KBs)

 

Transcript #66_Briefing transcript (redacted), “DOD’s force posture in anticipation of September 11, 2012,” (Part V, General Dempsey), October 10, 2013.pdf (2.3 MBs)

_________________________________

The Benghazi Transcripts: Top Defense officials briefed Obama on ‘attack,’ not video or protest

 

©2014 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

______________________________

Top Secret Transcripts Revealed on Benghazi

 

Copyright © 2010 - 2014 Stand Up America US. All rights reserved.

 

About SUA

 

The Standard Bearer for the Conservancy of the Constitution

Who We Are:

 

The Stand Up America US Project (SUA) was founded in 2005 by MG Paul E. Vallely, US Army (Ret), as a multi-media organization that involves publishing, radio, television, speaking engagements, web site, writing articles for publication as well as books. This site is meant as a resource for education, based upon the values and principles set forth by our founding fathers. It is our goal to inform, clarify, and speak truth to power. We are a network of patriotic Americans from all walks of life including former members of the military, former federal, state, and local employees of government, analysts, writers, world leaders, and our group extends across the globe.

 

SUA is also an intelligence gathering and analyzing group that is and has briefed our government leadership on all manners of international interest, terrorism, and anything that affects the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness of our citizenry and way of life. SUA has briefed the FBI, Congress, law enforcement, and many other agencies. All our work is based on the following conservative values, and principals:

 

The United States of America’s CONSTITUTION – The intent of our Founding Fathers;

 

American Exceptionalism, and the grand experiment of representative republicanism;

 

Upholding all our 1st Amendment Rights;

 

Upholding all our 2nd Amendment Rights;

 

Upholding all our 10th Amendment Rights;

 

The Rule-of-Law, not of man or men, nor cult of personality;

 

Strong National Defense and Secure Borders;

 

National  and State Sovereignty;

 

Capitalism and Western economic values;

A safe and secure Israel;

 

Supporting Our Uniformed Services and Veterans;

 

Individual Liberties and Personal Responsibility;

 

Fiscally-Responsible, Limited Government;

 

Reclaiming our Republic and returning to the original intent of the Constitution, and more!

 

Mission Statement

 

 

Stand Up America US was created to be an educational forum based upon the values and principles that our founding fathers intended for the creation of the greatest form of government ever conceived and implemented. Based upon the convictions set forth in the Declaration of Independence, the creation of the Constitution, and the rights endowed by our creator, basing our future on such things as the Federalist Papers, The Law Of Nations, and the READ THE REST

Share this post

Repost 0
Published by ubiquitous8thoughts - in Conspiracy Theory
write a comment

comments

Overview

  • : ubiquitous8thoughts
  • ubiquitous8thoughts
  • : This is a Christian Right blog. This means there is religious freedom, free speech, Constitutional Original Intent, Pro-Israel, Anti-Islamist and a dose of Biblical Morality (Pro-Life & anti-homosexual agenda) content in this blog.
  • Contact

Search

Links